A smoother start to your journey
Will you soon be flying from Stockholm Arlanda on a winter break holiday? We've collected some of our best tips here for a smoother start to your journey.
8 quick tips before your trip
- Check your passport – read more about passports here.
- How big can your hand baggage be? Check with your airline.
- Which terminal are you flying from? A list of our airlines and terminals.
- If you're taking your car – pre-book your parking here to get a guaranteed space
- Check in at home if you have the possibility – save your boarding card on your mobile or print it out at home
- Get real-time updates on your departure via Messenger.
- Download Swedavia's app – you can save your flight here and quickly see if there are any changes. App Store or Google Play
- Arrive well in advance. See what your airline recommends.
Do you know Swea?
Say hello to Swea, our digital airport assistant, who provides you with real-time flight updates, information about shopping, restaurants and services. Swea also answers questions about your stay at the airport.
Frequently asked questions
You can see waiting times at the airport’s security checkpoints online and in Swedavia’s app before you travel to the airport. You can also see them on screens by the security checkpoint.
Special baggage is, for example, children’s strollers or pushchairs, golf bags, skis or bicycles but can also be backpacks with loose straps and bags that are either too big or too small.
Contact your airline or charter operator for exact measurements and rules.
When you’re using a self-service machine when checking in, your baggage tag is printed and you have to attach it yourself.
Attach the baggage tag in a shape of a drop to the bag handle with the bar code facing outward. Don't forget to save the baggage receipt.
Yes, if you arrive at Terminal 4 and your connecting flight leaves from Terminal 2 or 5 and if your baggage has been checked to your final destination, then you can take the transfer bus. In that case, you do not need to go through security screening again.
You can find play areas in Terminal 2, 3, 4 and 5 at Stockholm Arlanda Airport. The kids can play and burn off some energy here together with the bird Flajt before the start of their journey.